Kalyn Hamilton, LCMHC
Kalyn Hamilton is a thoughtful, grounded, and emphatic therapist. She takes a practical and creative approach to therapy, tailoring proven approaches to each client’s needs. She believes in working collaboratively with clients to promote fulfillment, empowerment, and wellness.
Clients she works with
- Teens and adults of all backgrounds and issues
- Individual, couples, and family therapy
- LGBTQ+ population
Areas she works in
Anxiety, depression, grief and loss, gender and sexual identity, trauma, self-esteem.
- Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical-Behavioral (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy
Kalyn is a born and bred North Carolinian and was privileged to attend Wake Forest University where she majored in Psychology and English. She then completed her graduate training from the UNC-Greensboro’s top-ranked counseling program. Kalyn has worked in the outpatient setting in Greensboro since 2016 and continues to grow and evolve in her experience and overall therapeutic outlook. She looks forward to deepening her work and continuing to advance in the profession.
Outside of work, Kalyn is passionate about music (you can often find her at concerts), painting, reading, hiking, and spending time with her family, friends, and cat, Dinah.
If you believe that Kalyn might be a good fit for your needs, there are 3 things she’d like you to know:
- There is nothing that she enjoys more than understanding your story and how you have come to view yourself and your own mental health needs
- She is committed to working at your pace and with the issues that will lead to your own definition of happiness and fulfillment
- She has a quirky sense of humor that occasionally lightens difficult sessions